- This event has passed.
Land Use and Water Quality 2019
June 3 - June 6
LuWQ2019: Conference on Land Use and Water Quality
LuWQ2019 is an international and interdisciplinary conference on the cutting edge of science, management and policy to minimise effects of agriculture and land use changes on the quality of groundwater and surface waters.
Objectives of the conference are:
|–||to provide a forum for exchange of scientific knowledge, research to better understand ’systems function’, modelling and uncertainty;|
|–||to discuss the entire policy cycle for water quality improvement;|
|–||to intensify contacts (a) between soil/water related scientists, agro related scientists, social scientists, ecological scientists and economists, and (b) between scientists, water managers and policy makers.|
Jointly convened by
– DCE – Danish Centre for Environment and Energy, Aarhus University, Denmark
– Department of Bioscience, Aarhus University, Denmark
– RIVM, Netherlands National Institute for Public Health and the Environment
– Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland (GEUS), Denmark
– Umweltbundesamt (UBA), Federal Environment Agency, Germany
|One of issues is: Agriculture and drinking water production (Theme G, see topics G.5, G.6, G.7 and G.8). Groundwater quality in general has improved in the EU. However, there is less progress in protection of water sources for drinking-water production from pollution by nitrate, pesticides, etc. The EU and national governments in Europe have started projects (e.g. FAIRWAY, H2020) to address this problem. Please consider abstract submission.|